A question for all you well-washed biodiesel homebrewers...

Regardless of your particular washing methods, when all
is said and done, how much total fresh water have you
used for washing, per liter of fully washed biodiesel?

FWIW, my ratio is about 1.3 water:biodiesel. Is that
high, low, average?

-K

Same with us Ken, about 1:3 water:biodiesel. Three washes, with 1/3rd water v/v biodiesel, and the washwater reused in the next batch of biodiesel, so each batch of washwater is used three times. Whether bubbled or stirred.

We don't produce that much. Tick-over rate is about 120 litres a month, that's only 10 litres of washwater per week to dispose of, and it's innocuous anyway. Actually it's always more than tick-over, sometimes a lot more. We give quite a lot away for promotion, and we're right into the barter economy here, it's great for bartering (which also helps to promote it). At the moment I'm producing extra to run a diesel generator for a five-day summer festival at Kyoto University this month. Still, it's never enough for washwater disposal to be a problem. If it were we'd use Todd's method of applying it to the land.

Regards