> feu·dal·ism : the system of political organization prevailing in Europe from the 9th to about the 15th centuries having as its basis the relation of lord to vassal with all land held in fee and as chief characteristics homage, the service of tenants under arms and in court, wardship, and forfeiture <

Some bright spark in the UK did a n in depth study last year and found we spend more time earning money to pay our taxes than the 15th century tenants did to pay off the dues to their landlords and that included the house that went with the land. That’s progress for you.    Chris.

Wessex Ferret Club  (http://www.wessexferretclub.co.uk)