From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Fri 7/1/2005 2:13 PM
To:     Biofuel@sustainablelists.org
Subject:        Re: [Biofuel] Electromagnetic Pulse Alert
In a message dated 7/1/05 1:26:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<< Subj:     [Biofuel] Electromagnetic Pulse Alert
 Date:  7/1/05 1:26:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time
 From:  [EMAIL PROTECTED] (r)
 Sender:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 To:    Biofuel@sustainablelists.org

 On C-SPAN, June 21 2005, I saw a fascinating account on how a terrorist
 nuclear attack can disable/destroy all our electronic devices:
 computers,PDAs, cellular phones, TVs, TIVOs, pagers, even many cars,
 trucks and RVs. All of these devices dead, made inoperable,useless, so
 many doorstops and paperweights created by a terrorist nuclear
 bomb/missile's ElectroMagnetic Pulse (EMP). EMP can disable electronics
 as far away as 3700 miles. Roscoe Bartlett's presentation on C-SPAN
 showed that such an attack can disable the american economy for a long
 time, set it back at least a hendred (100) years and create millions of
 casualties.

 Since the damage can be so great and so widespread, we are ALL in it
 together. The banks WILL be affected. The consumers WILL be affected.
 The buainesses' operations WILL be disrupted. If customers can't get
 money out of the banks, they WON'T be able to buy your product or
 service. Let me stress it again: we are ALL in this together. You WON'T
 be able to get on the Internet (assuming that all your electronics
 haven't been destroyed first) UNLESS your ISP can itself get on the
 Internet.

 Yet, there is hope in the form of defensive measures. Enter these words
 in the Google search box :"shielded rooms" or "EMP" or "NEMP" or
 "Faraday cages" or "anechoic chamber".

 I have NO business interests in the companies mentioned.

 The Polyphaser Corporation

 www.polyphaser.com <http://www.polyphaser.com/>

 Here are some Pointers:

     The Electromagnetic Bomb - a Weapon of Electrical Mass Destruction

 http://www.airpower.maxwell.af.mil/airchronicles/kopp/apjemp.html

 Nuclear Weapons Effects

 Www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/intro/nuke-effects.htm
 <http://Www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/intro/nuke-effects.htm>

   Nuclear Weapon EMP Effects

 http://www.fas.org/nuke/intro/nuke/emp.htm

 Electromagnetic Pulse

 http://www.physics.northwestern.edu/classes/2001Fall/Phyx135-2/19/emp.htm

well, gee, if the terorist haven't thought of doing this yet, this all ought
to give them a leg up.
greg

Yahoo! Sports