A good foundation is a must,but the roof is what most people consider last.If your roof will not withstand  global warmings "off-the-scale"weather,everything will be ruined!Most of the home types mentioned have the same type roof that a tornado or typhoon or whatever will tear off.A tire or straw bale home WILL burn if there is a crack in the wall material,not even taking the roof into count.  A flyash -cement dome home built using class c flyash with a class h oil-field type cement at a 50/50 ratio with your sand -gravel mix shotcreted on 6 inches thick without ANY rebar to rust and crack the concrete should outlast the pyramids if they were built today!Ten years after a flyash-cement home is built,the concrete will be still getting STRONGER and more DENSE,i read.DUCTAL concrete can be well over 30,000 psi in strength,their company claims.A slogan on www.earth-house.com is "my roof IS my insurance."Flyash is still free for the taking in some locations,so look around and test it out.