Todd, of course you are correct that energy is used to recycle steel. However, no more land is strip mined, and no new land is disturbed to bury the old broken washing machine that got melted down. Were the electricity generated in a sustainable way, it would be all good.

Chris K
Cayce, SC

----- Original Message ----- From: "Appal Energy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <Biofuel@sustainablelists.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 03, 2005 11:30 PM
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] How many trees were killed to build your home ?

> We do not live in the US.
> Would like to know what is this panasteel or recycled steel?

Something that requires a boatload of fossil fuels to smelt, sheet and press.

Nice thing about renewables. They're renewable.

And to a very large they do it in a carbon neutral way without much interference from humans.

Todd Swearingen.

Josephine Wee wrote:

To Nancy Canning:
We do not live in the US. Would like to know what is this panasteel or recycled steel?
 thanks.