1. Re: emissions (the skapegoat)

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 23:59:22 +0100 (BST)
From: the skapegoat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] emissions
To: Biofuel@sustainablelists.org

john owens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
here's a tought

What will happen if the majority of the waste vegtable oil in the world
is being used for biodiesel which isnt curently being burned and is
absorbing some of the co2 being produced by mineral diesel and
production and mineral oil consumption growes. Will this not cause an
increase in co2 in atmospher!

John,
All things Carbon exchange in carbon dioxide and oxygen- for time
imemorial. A BIT of an exageration, but-
Trees, dogs, fish, humans, machines, worms... Et al.
The question is that the earth has maintained a healthy and vibrant
equilibrim with this equation so long as the source of the
Carbon dioxide is within the Green cycle. I mean to say- is derived from
what is living on the surface of the earth at this moment, and the
immediate decomposition of the above.

Our problem came when we extracted from the carbon that lived on the
earth's surface long ago, and added that CO2 to the present day cycle.
THEN we overloaded the atmospheric balance on the side of CO2... With
obvious side effects.

All this to affirm that- burning Biofuel DOES ALSO emit CO2, but since
it is cycling within the surface of the earth's alotted amount, it is
not adding nor detracting.

Add to that the removal of SULPHUR from BioFuel (which Mineral has) and
the great reduction of microparticulate matter (which Mineral has) and
with BioDiesel we are being PRETTY inoccuous.

The greater concern is HOW to provide this resource to the SHIPPING /
FREIGHT industries- greatest users of Diesel by far, without overloading
the soil?

Adrian