--- bob allen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Michael Redler wrote:
> > Bob,
> > I don't disagree that there is an abundance of
> waste vegetable oil out there.

General question ->Is it really waste when the used
oil is puchased (in larger metro areas) and then sold
to be used in pet/animal food?

> I am currently looking for a running or at least
> rebuildable vw diesel
> engine.   I can get a mg midget early 70's with a
> blown engine but good
> body and running gear.  Anybody have a vw engine
> (pre  electronic  injector control) ?

Specific Questions/Comment -> I have a running Midget
and would be very curious about dropping a VW diesel
into it. Most specifically, what would you do about
the transmission? I would think that one would want to
change the four-speed to a five-speed. What would it
be?

Also, the local (Detroit) VW new/used parts wholesaler
has some info claiming that a customer has converted a
TDI diesel to run "non-electronic." (page M-19 of
their 2005 catalog)

http://www.partsplaceinc.com/

Anyway, I would be very interested your progress.