-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Keith Addison
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 1:03 PM
To: Biofuel@sustainablelists.org
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Commercial Biodiesel

Hello Todd

>I am seriously working on developing a commercial large scale bio
>diesel plant and am at the very early stages. at this point I am
>sourcing large scale biodiesel systems. I need your help-Is one
>system better than amnother? ie. Cost , output, system config etc.
>I am lookign for the overall best company that offers a great price
>and a good product. I am looking at a minimum output of 5 million
>gallons per year. i have sourced two companies so far-continuous
>flow batch systems and one company is asking  $5 million and the
>other is asking $1.5 Million-a huge difference and I am now looking
>for help from  all members. Recommendations? Can I set up my own
>plant of this scale that could meet all government standards for
>much less?
>Todd Wootton

These are the best systems, by all accounts:

ENERGEA -- The next generation of biodiesel technology -- CTER
"Continuous Trans Esterification Reactor" technology opens a new
chapter in biodiesel production: up to 50% lower cost of investment,
turn-key modules the size of a container, multi-feed-stock
technology, production capacity 5000 to 100,000 mt/a or more, high
quality fuel according to EN 14214 standard. Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.energea.at/

Biodiesel Technologies GmbH, Vienna, Austria -- Compact biodiesel
manufacturing plants installed in a 20-ft container frame, ready to
operate, multi-feedstock re-esterification, with final conditioning
of biodiesel. Product range: CPU and FRU unit (with 500 and 1000
litres per hour capacity) and IPU 1200 unit (with 1200 litres per
hour capacity). Contact: Dr. L. Kondor, Marketing Director, 1130
Vienna, Austria, Hietzinger Hauptstrasse 50. tel. + 43 1 877 0553,
fax: + 43 1 877 8446, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.biodieseltechnologies.com

BioDiesel International of Austria uses re-esterification in its
multi-feedstock production system to handle fresh plant oils and/or
waste cooking oils and/or animal fats and/or animal fats and fatty
acids (as much as 20%), with no loss of free fatty acids, 0% wastes,
0% waste water and no disposal costs, resulting in pure biodiesel
plus glycerine (for use in the chemical and pharmaceutical
industries) plus a solid fertilizer for agricultural use (potassium
phosphate). Yield is 100%: 1 kg of raw material makes 1 kg of
high-quality biodiesel.
http://www.biodiesel-intl.com

All Austrian. Austria has been way out in front with biodiesel for 25
years. Your scheme might be a bit small though. Camillo Holecek of
ENERGEA told me it's not economically viable for plants with capacity
lower than about 20,000 metric tonnes a year, which is about 60
million US gallons. Still, why not ask?

Best wishes