In a message dated 7/30/2005 2:11:35 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
How do we eliminate the all powerful, destructive, and "untouchable" attributes of corporations, while not destroying the lives of the good people who make up their work forces?

I think the answer is, in part, "vote with your money."   While it will take some work, and may cost a bit more (for good reason in most cases, I suspect), if we all identified at least reasonably responsible businesses and lifestyle alternatives, and gave them our monies, we might be able to control our fate better.  Regrettably, I know all too many people (including myself more often than I want to admit), who simply talk the talk, and whose expenditures and lifestyles take the easy route.