Hi Todd

Pieter,

It did at the beginning of the thread.

And is again (thankyou!), despite diversions.

So after gently stir washing the biodiesel (with a low tech piece of wood trim) with about half part water as fuel I let it settle 24 hours and drained off the milky water. I was happy to discover no emulsion.

Good! Just a tip: it'd probably help if the water was hot.

I took Kieth's advice and tried Jan Warnqvist's quality test and found some small dots and granular size impurities sitting at the bottom of the jar. I think it would add up to 1 ml or less of impurities. This was after one wash remember. I can post a picture if anyone would find it useful.

Can't post pictures, list computer says no. Please send it to me direct, there's a folder at the JtF site for the list, I can put it there and post the link.

I also did another quality test by placing 150 ml of equal parts fuel and water and it separated cleanly in less than 30 minutes. So I decided it was safe to bulk wash it vigorously with a paint mixer and I'll let you know how it turns out after the wash last night. Hopefully after 4 total washes I can dry the fuel.

Please let us know, and maybe I could upload more pictures of it if you like.

Please remember that I am a beginner and this is my first large batch. I feel like I have learned a lot in past couple of days. Hopefully next time I can get the reaction complete.

I think you're doing just fine, I hope you're not feeling discouraged, please don't be.

Best wishes

Keith

Thanks for the help. I am staying very clear of the fumes that exit the wash drum. My wash tank will be sealed next time.

Thanks,
Todd