30% H2O2 is ridiculously expensive as well. $230.00 per gallon in Canada.
It is hell on wheels though for cleaning silicon pretty near to the atomic level when mixed 50/50 with concentrated sulfuric.
Don't try this at home kids.

Joe

bob allen wrote:
on the safety of hydrogen peroxide, from the msds:

note at the bottom, ...may cause... death.
http://www.bu.edu/es/labsafety/ESMSDSs/MSHydPeroxide.html

Potential Health Effects
Eye:
Causes eye burns. Produces irritation, characterized by a burning sensation, redness, tearing,
inflammation, and possible corneal injury.
Skin:
Causes skin burns.
Ingestion:
May cause severe and permanent damage to the digestive tract. Causes gastrointestinal tract burns.
May cause perforation of the digestive
tract. May cause severe digestive tract irritation with abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
Inhalation:
Harmful if inhaled. May cause irritation of the respiratory tract with burning pain in the nose and
throat, coughing, wheezing,
shortness of breath and pulmonary edema. Causes chemical burns to the respiratory tract. May cause
ulceration of nasal tissue, insomnia, nervous tremors with numb extremities, chemical pneumonia,
unconsciousness, and death.
Chronic:
Prolonged or repeated skin contact may cause dermatitis.

sounds pretty mean, huh?  but we know better don't we. We know that in dilute solutions that we
needn't worry about the toxic effects of a 30 per cent solution.

"The dose makes the poison"
paracelsus

Garth & Kim Travis wrote:

Greetings,
Actually, I prefer hydrogen peroxide to chlorine for keep my water
fresh.  It does not have the toxic effects, especially for young girls and
child bearing aged women.  Sorry, but chlorine is not safe.
Bright Blessings,
Kim