I'm pretty sure the V-1 pulse-jet flying bomb used a rocket to launch and
get up to flying speed. I don't recall whether it was a solid fuel rocket
like the contemporary American JATO, catalyzed hydrogen peroxide
monopropellant. or a liquid rocket with hydrogen peroxide oxidiser.
If I had to guess I would say the second.

Doug Woodard
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada