>Have you ever worked for the federal government?  Do you know the real

Actually, yes.  That is why I know what I know, and am amazed at times
that the government can accomplish anything! :-) (*doh*)

>dedicated, intelligent and caring people (Democrats) took it to the

And Republicans, I don't think this follows any "party" line, but rather a
more conservative/liberal line, not party lines.  There hasn't been a
presi that has followed "party" lines for several election cycles.

>They chose to have no follow on plan in Iraq.  It's eerily similar to NA.

True.  Their goal in Iraq was different than any other (like Afghanistan).
In Afghanistan their goal was to topple the regime and the entire ruling body
and replace it with a different one (not learn the lesson from Russia??) while
in Iraq, the goal was to get one man, and minimize the collateral damage.
They should have known that wasn't going to work.  When they tried to
arrange post war reconstructionist, they were blasted for trying to make
their "constituents" wealth (remember a certain film) so they were gun-shy
when it came to Iraq, and did nothing.  Neither was a good approach.

But, neither of these incidents have anything to do with N.O., nor the
lack of response to N.O.  That blame falls squarely on D.H.S., not the
presi.  He had (to his mind) placed those in position that were supposed
to handle that kind of incident.  His fault is that when he saw they were
not doing their job, he should have stepped in and took command
(i.e. job of commander and chief) and got the ball rolling.  He didn't.
That's where his fault is in this incident.

Let's not spout political garbage and rhetoric that you hear in the media,
let's look at the facts.  He didn't respond to the incident when he saw
that the folks he put in charge were not doing their job.  That's his
failure as a leader.  It has nothing to do in this case with conservatism
or lack there of, or any war anywhere, but rather a lack of good leadership
with regard to this incident.

Now, is this starting to show a pattern??  Possibly.

Jerry