> Zeke Yewdall wrote:
>
> I was trying to theorize on what using a 100% ethanol fuel would be
> like. From MH's experience, it seems pretty obvious that 10% or even
> 25% ethanol has no ill effects and could actually run in unmodified
> gas engine better than 100% gasoline.

 Thats OK Zeke.

> > I wanted to add to the reply

 I tried mixing a 20% percent ethanol blend with gasoline
 for a 1970s lawn mower without adjusting the carburetor jet
 and the gasoline engine didn't like it so I went back to
 a 10 percent ethanol blend with gasoline I get from the
 local fuel stations.

 As for up to 25 percent ethanol blends with gasoline
 the University of Minnesota - Mankato said 30 percent.
 There was a news article posted to the list about this
 when the governor of Minnesota called for an increase to
 20 percent ethanol blends from the current 10 percent
 ethanol blends with gasoline.  Here it is --

 Subject: [Biofuel] US Minnesota Fuels Plan

 Governor Pawlenty Announces Plans to
 Double Ethanol Level in Gasoline and
 Reduce State Gasoline Consumption by 50% --
 Sep 27, 2004
 http://www.governor.state.mn.us/Tpaw_View_Article.asp?artid=1120

 "A research report from the Minnesota Center for Automotive Research at
 Minnesota State University -- Mankato showed that there were no
 drivability or material compatibility problems experienced by
 15 vehicles of various years, makes and models using E-30."