I tried pumping the fuel through an inline fuel filter, (mine's a clear
plastic case, so I can see the fuel flow, and watch the filter catch
stuff...) but the salesman at the auto parts store was unable to give me
the micron number that this filter will screen.  However, another system
he showed me (says he uses it for his own fuel, dinodiesel) has
exchangeable filters, standard pipe fitting threads, (larger diameter,
better flow) for about $25.  Then there, next to it was another that
includes a water trap, for $10 more.

My settling tank is a translucent plastic, and rather than pump fuel
out, I submerged a weighted hose to nearly the bottom of the tank,
sealed the tank, and pumped air into the tank.  This forced the fuel up
the hose, and through the filter.  I know that I'd rather pump fuel out,
using a pump designed to move liquid, but on my budget, I had to work
with what was sitting in the "stuff that will become useful one day" pile.

doug swanson

Sami Vastela wrote:
> Hello
>
> First test patches burned well in my central heating boiler :-)
>
> How important is filtering before prosessing, and what kind of filters
> you are using? 2 litres test patch went through coffee filter, but it's
> quite slow. So I'm intereste how to filter 80 litres of WVO?
>
> Sami

All generalizations are false.  Including this one.