To: biofuel
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2005 5:35 PM
Subject: [Biofuel] 82 Mercedes Turbo Diesel

     I've recently acquired a 1982 Mercedes 300SD. It is clean, rust-free, and very well maintained, but has never run on BD.
     Could someone familiar with Mercedes of this vintage comment on my checklist of things to do:
     -Remove in-tank fuel screen  (Car already has a prefilter and a fuel filter accessible from above).
     -Set timing back 2 -3 degrees.
     -Keep a couple of prefilters and in-line filters in the trunk.
     -The hoses and seals appear to be in very good condition. I don't plan on replacing them.
         I have diesel mechanics in the family who are willing to do whatever is necessary, but their area of expertise is buses, so any info. would be appreciated.

                                            Tom