Here is a clip for Smokey if you're interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smokey_Yunick
A little bit on the carburetor for the lamen: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carburetor
Even though he liked to "cheat", I like him because of his vision and application, which is why I said "I hope this inspired someone".  I find that knowledge is not gained to its full extent unless you do the research yourself and have to dig to find it.  The drive!  The willing to learn!  I guess I spent too much time as an instructor/facilitator.  No need to be careful just to inspire.

robert luis rabello <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Trevon Kollars wrote:

> I was being sarcastic here. Sorry. I was referring to the fact there
> isn't very many supercharged diesels out there. The only difference
> (efficiency wise) between a turbo and a supercharger is the psi and
> speed at which it will produce it.

My supercharger is about 15% LESS efficient than a turbo. Most of
that inefficiency is expressed as heat.

> Sorry, Robert, if I have
> insulted your intelligence in some way.

No sir, you're not insulting me.

> Anyway, I am sorry if I have cause hate and discontent.

I think you're misunderstanding. Calling you into accountability for
accuracy does NOT imply hatred or discontent. Please be careful with
your facts in the future!

robert luis rabello
"The Edge of Justice"
Adventure for Your Mind