Patrick.

I live in Wisconsin and have been using E10 for almost two decades in all of my
gasoline powered vehicles.

I worked at a Ford and Chrysler dealership in the service department during the
'80's and earliy '90's. Both vehicle manufacturers modified their products'
fuel systems to accomodate alcohol back in the late '80's.

If anything, your new car is more compatible with E10 than your older car. It
may even be E85 compliant. Check your owners manual.

I too have found my vehicles start better on E10 throughout the year. I suspect
this is due to the characteristic of alcohol to remove water from the fuel
system. I do not need to add any fuel treatment during the winter because the
fuel has alcohol in it already.

I did try E85 in both my '94 Ford Crown Victoria and my '96 Ford E150 van. Both
vehicles operated normally with the exception of the amber Check Engine light
coming on. When I filled up again with E10, the light went out.

I had a friend scan the vehicles for emmission codes. Both vehicles indicated a
lean operating condition, but no other malfunctions. I suspect the lean
condition was due to the additional oxygen present in alcohol.

I hope this helps.

Michael