Kim,

I am currently driving a Renault Scenic 2001 powered by an intercooled turbo direct injection diesel engine. The owner's manual mentions that rapeseed oil should not be used under any circumstance. I have been asking the reasons but there has not been any response.

PJW

----- Original Message -----
From: kim nguyen
Sent: Monday, September 26, 2005 5:44 AM
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Rapeseed oil suitable for making biodiesel

Hey Community,

I'm curious...Canola (Canada Oil Low Acid) oil in
North American is specifically bred and marketing
towards the edible oils market...but what about
"industrial rapeseed" oil?  I hear that the Europeans
use it for most of their biodiesel but I want to know
more.  What are the specific aspects of European
rapeseed oil that is used for biodiesel?  Is that type
of oil available in North America on a commercial,
coop, local, or requested basis?  I ask because of the
issue of NoX using soybean oil.  I want to find a
source (or develop a source) of optimal rapeseed oil
from which to make lower NoX biodiesel (as well as
lower cloud point), etc.  Can anyone help with
information?

KN
California