I don't know if this has been discussed here or not, but if it works as advertised, it's a heck of an answer to most of our energy problems.

Website for article:

Unlike other solid-to-liquid-fuel processes such as cornstarch into
ethanol, this one will accept almost any carbon-based feedstock.

*** If a 175-pound man fell into one end, he would come out the other
end as 38 pounds of oil, 7 pounds of gas, and 7 pounds of minerals,
as well as 123 pounds of sterilized water. ***

While no one plans to put people into a thermal depolymerization
machine, an intimate human creation could become a prime
feedstock. "There is no reason why we can't turn sewage, including
human excrement, into a glorious oil," says engineer Terry Adams, a
project consultant. So the city of Philadelphia is in discussion with
Changing World Technologies to begin doing exactly that.

Walker Bennett
(w/a Ben W. Gardner)
Sedona, Arizona
Get Firefox!