On 9/27/05, Zeke Yewdall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Well, in this case, there is not supposed to be any heat transfer
> through the PVC, so I wouldn't be worried about that.  I agree that
> metal would be better, it you can find some large diameter metal pipe
> for cheap.  What about just putting a coil of copper tubing in a big
> metal trash can?  Certainly not elegant, but it would be cheap, and
> require just about no manufacturing.

Well,  while I couldn't care much less about the elegance of the
installation, my kids are still young and I'd like to find someone to
buy my house when I'm ready to move into a smaller space.  Also, as
I've mentioned several times, I would like to help others with
solutions like solar hot water.  And frankly, I live in the U.S. where
things are supposed to be both sexy and puritanical simultaneously.  A
big metal trash can is neither.  Furthermore, I would like to continue
living in the house with my wife once its all said and done.  I'm
pretty sure that my wife would be just a bit leary of our drinking
water getting anywhere near a trash can.

Thanks,