Hello Joe

Thanks, but...

>Hi Keith;
>
>If you thought that was a film worth seeing

I didn't see it.

>you should also check out
>the film Darwin's Nightmare which documents the story of the
>introduction of the Nile Perch to Lake Victoria and how remote slavery
>works for europeans while they enjoy cheap fish and try not to know
>about how weapons trickle in to Africa in the bargain.

Not exactly a trickle. The main flood seems to have shifted to
Southeast Asia now, but there's plenty left for Africa's "needs".

In short supply for some apparently:

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/americas/article314944.ece
Independent Online Edition > Americas
US forced to import bullets from Israel as troops use 250,000 for
every rebel killed
By Andrew Buncombe in Washington
Published: 25 September 2005

The mind boggles. "Bullets can't stop it, rockets can't stop it, we
might have to use NUKULAR FORZ!" Aarghh!

This is how our leaders and their institutions see the priorities, as
opposed to how people and their communities see them:

1998 Global priorities in spending in 1998

Global Priority $U.S. Billions

Basic education for everyone in the world       6
Cosmetics in the United States  8
Water and sanitation for everyone in the world  9
Ice cream in Europe     11
Reproductive health for all women in the world  12
Perfumes in Europe and the United States        12
Basic health and nutrition for everyone in the world    13
Pet foods in Europe and the United States       17
Business entertainmentin Japan  35
Cigarettes in Europe    50
Alcoholic drinks in Europe      105
Narcotics drugs in the world    400
Military spending in the world  780

Number of children in the world
2.2 billion
Number in poverty
1 billion (every second child)

http://www.mail-archive.com/biofuel@sustainablelists.org/msg51848.html
[Biofuel] Inequality in wealth
Inequality in wealth: Just 0.13% of the world population controlled
nearly 25% of world financial assets in 2004

:-(

Dinosaurs. Mammoths.

How to kill a mammoth:
http://www.mail-archive.com/biofuel@sustainablelists.org/msg30628.html
[biofuel] Mammoth corporations

>In a parallel
>thread the human flesh trade is exposed and how the catholic church
>turns a blind eye and encourages the spread of HIV.  A hard film to
>watch but again one everyone should see.
>
>Joe
>
>Keith Addison wrote:

I didn't, Thomas Mountain did. I have not seen the film and have not
commented on it. I posted a news item on a similar subject, that's
all.

PLEASE be more careful in attributing posts to those who posted them!

Thanks

Keith