Some chemical/petrol distributors also have 55 gallon drums for next to nothing.  Ask the racers where they get their fuel and that should give you some leads.

-----Original Message-----
From: DB [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, October 01, 2005 11:51 AM
To: Biofuel@sustainablelists.org
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Steel drums, Where to get them?

Hi Mike, I get all my steel drums when I buy them full of methanol. I get the methanol from a racing club that  competes in drag racing. You could contact the nearest drag strip for info. These guys will gladly give you their empty drums. Right now I have two empty ones. and have five in use at any one time. Yesterday I picked up two drums of methanol from the race club and made a 120 gal batch of BIO. Drums work great and are essentually free, you can make a 40 gal batch in one drum. Go to http://usplastic.com

for the fittings and a really nice cover to seal the drum after you make a batch, Good luck and have fun..........DB