Bede a écrit :

> with the rising cost of oil these will eventually become valuable
> resources,
> Its also only a matter of time before we start mining our rubbish dumps!
>
> There's also a French company i saw on Beyond 2000, it had to do with
> turning tires back into its raw components.
> once again once bought back, it cost more to process than the end
> products where worth.

Bonjour,

I didn't heard about it but I know that a part of non-re-usable tyres
are recycled in France as materials for road making (noiseless, water
draining), drainage pipes or combustibles for industry or thermic power
plants. But it's only a part of refused. Not far from my home, a former
career will be filled with tyres for long time stock.
Tyres recycling in France is the business of this organisation :
http://www.aliapur.fr/
English brochure : http://www.aliapur.fr/0-uploads/english_brochure.pdf

PEHD, PET and ABS are industrialy re-used once as textile fabric ("polar
wool", car components or many other not-for-food purposes)
I guess that many other uses are planned but not enough to solve
problems. 101 chemical ways of plastic recycling are described [in
french] by the french gov agency for environment (
http://www.ademe.fr/htdocs/publications/publipdf/plastiques.htm ).
Simple energetic use is often not available dued to chloric or heavy
metallic parts in plastics.

Many URL about this. Plastic wastes recycling is a rising industry in
Europe.
More money to manage wastes than to reduce their consuption
business is business

frantz from france