Thank you Arden I must confer.  I would also like to add that if we look
at people in an evolutionary sense we may find some interesting
parallels as to why some folks do VERY well on this type of diet and
others not.  Consider those peoples that have for many more centuries
(more than modern science has been around) have lived on a diet as very
similar to the Adkins (Eskimo, Siberian etc) vs those from warmer
agricultural areas.  Logically one may make consider that a person whose
genes reflect one the lower carb evolution would do well while the other
type would suffer.  Just an observation as I am not a scientist but I do
have a very northern very deep low carb physiology and when I went back
to what would be the diet of my ancestors I lost 40 lbs for good and my
health has improved radically and I love the diet I adopted for the last
three years.  It works for me.

My 2 cents worth

Wisdom to all.