-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of S. Chapin
Sent: Friday, October 07, 2005 9:35 PM
To: Biofuel@sustainablelists.org
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Peugeot 505 four cylinder turbo chargeddiesel
vehicle!?

Brian Rodgers wrote:

>Ok thanks
>I realise that the compression should be comparatively similar between
>cylinders, any ideas on what basic (ball park) compression should be
>on a diesel engine?  Antone know of a trick to seal the coolant system
>for a minor leak coming from head gasket?  Wishful thinking?
>>From the looks of the coolant I flushed out someone already tried the
>bronse flake sealant.
>Cheers
>Brian Rodgers

messages):

Yup, wishful. the reality is that if the head gasket is blown, or the
head has enough of a hole on the exhaust side ( a crack between intake
and exhaust valves is a spot to look) then the compression is going to
be slightly different now, and very different later.
Given evidence of a "fix in a can' effort already, and expanding
hoses.... go for a sincere diagnosis. To continue running it, however
delightful will lead to disaster.   I'm not sure you couldnt swap in a
newer xd3te motor or even older (ack). If the rest of the thing,
trans,electrical,suspension is in good shape.  If this is an xd2s,  I
would rebuild it, maybe 1200 for the parts and machine work (only
guessing).How many miles on it??  From what I can gather the turbo
peugeot motor is far more efficient than MB, if a bit less robust.
If you want I'd trade you the 220d thats in the rover..... nahh you're
better off fixing the peugeot.
Cheers,
SC

messages):