>Mark Klein wrote:
> >

>[snip]
>
>WTF is this? I thought the list prevented idiocy such as sending 1.4MB
>HTML emails to the thousand or so people who are on this list.

A LOT more people than that Andrew.

>Keith,
>can the "good old days" of text and text only be reintroduced so that
>abuse such as this is not repeated?

Well, I'm a little puzzled. It's a text-only list and has been for a
very long time, but there are complexities I don't understand, and
every now and then some html gets through, such as this case.

What puzzles me more is that this message you're replying to is more
than two months old, it's dealt with and settled long ago. Members
regularly get told by listadmin to reset their emailer default to
ASCII plain-text. Guess which well-known email program has the
default set to html? No prizes, too easy.

Best wishes

Keith