Well yes and no. although the older Cummins 5.9 engine is old school and will handle wvo if the conversion is done right. The engine has limited electronics and thus has fewer problems. The basic engine is the same new or old excepting the injection and added electronics and catalytic converter also the newer 24 valve has much more power than the 12 valve although the mileage is the same all will tell you 18 to 24 mpg.

Good luck. Derick

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 6:41 PM
To: biofuel@sustainablelists.org
Subject: [Biofuel] good wvo candidate

Hey, I'm new to the list and I've just recently become interested in using waste cooking oil to fuel my commute.  I am looking to buy a good diesel truck to convert.  So far, I've gathered that an older dodge is probably the best route.  I've also heard that indirect injection is better than direct injection and older engines are more durable.  Am I on the right path?  Please let me know, because I am chomping at the bit.

Make April 15th Just Another Day-----Visit FairTax.org

Mandy Regal