Hi Jim
" I use Lab grade Lye that is in pellets not grains like Red Devil."
Please give us newbies a few possible sources, this is a tease.
"It takes more time to dissolve but I use a magnetic mixer so the
reaction is in an air tight container and can be left for however long
while i do other things.
I will Google "Magnetic mixer" but an explanation from you would be
great too. What is? Where to find? Standard lab equipment? Etc. It
sounds pretty damn cool.
Not sure how to search the archives for a resource list. Kieth, can you help?
Once I get today's mini test batch figured out I will need to begin
the task of relieving my on anxiety over where to find chemicals in my
area.
I spent quite a bit of time with my 87 year old father last night
talking chemistry. He's retired forty years, but I have been copy and
pasting stuff from you all and the journeytoforever web site over to
him since early Summer. Now that I am getting set to do this I have
sent him more scientific data and less youthful emotional fanfare.
Today I make the sodium methoxide.
I better get after it.
Brian Rodgers