Mike,
Please see
http://www.brenntag.com/
They have 4 sales depots in Calif. You will have to start your own
business and get a tax ID to purchase from them. After that you can get
a great deal on High grade catalysts and Methanol.  If you wish to
purchase acid I suggest you try NW Scientific for 98% or better grade,
again you need to be a business. Sole Proprietor works.

Thats where I go I would be interested if there are other cheaper (2.65
Gallon/ 5 ITEM purchase at least one drum) sources with less Homeland
Security hassles.

Good Luck

Jim