I'm in Waterloo, still a bit of a drive form bowmanville.  There was this kid in line at lunch ahead of me this summer who was talking about HFI with his buddy.  Apparently he did a coop work term there.  I bet if I check with the mech eng boys I can find someone if not that same guy.  Sometimes these guys are sworn to secrecy about thier coop terms but it is amazing what they discuss at the pub!!  We also have an alternative fuels group here at UW but they are about ethanol.  Still they may know something.  If I get a chance I 'll poke around....

Joe

Darryl McMahon wrote:
According to the CHEC website (http://www.chechfi.ca/), the unit uses 4
litres of distilled water in 12,000 km.

I'm as much a hydrogen skeptic as anyone, but I would like to see
someone investigate this further.  The company is in Bowmanville, ON.
I'm about 400 km away.  I know there are list members closer than that.
  Anyone up for a visit to check them out.

I have corresponded in the past with Steve Gilchrist (when he was
Commissioner of Alternate Energy for Ontario), and I believe he is for
real.  That doesn't mean I am convinced that this technology works.
However, I think they present enough credible information that it bears
checking out.

Darryl McMahon

Zeke Yewdall wrote:

Hmmmm.  Well, considering that they go through 100 gallons of diesel
fuel in an 8 hour day, and water (even clean water) is way more
plentiful than diesel), that actually doesn't seem that bad if it
allows saving maybe 5% of the diesel fuel.

How many gallons of water would it take to grow the 5 gallons of biodiesel?

Of course, saving the 5 gallons of diesel is the part that I'm not
sure I believe.