On Nov 2, 2005, at 6:02 PM, Jason and Katie wrote:

> OK, so if I were to put two plates 1mm apart then the voltage would
> only be
> supposedly 15 volts, but i would need more current as per the
> volumetrics of
> it? that makes more sense, but does anyone have the experience of
> actually
> doing it? what about equations?

No experience re biodiesel, but the equation is E=IR. Volts = amps x
ohms.

BTW, does this actually have any known or theoretical application for
making
biodiesel, or is it just armchair speculation? I'm not aware of any
background
for the use of an electric field to catalyze or accelerate
transesterification....

-K