So who gets to decide what is 'good for humanity'?  Oh yeah rushing to
the marketplace with unproven (or should I say under studied)
technologies is a GREAT idea.  Let's see where that will lead us.  Just
out of curiosity do you happen to work for Monsanto?  If not I think
they would be interested in hiring you for their PR department.
You put a lot more faith in science than you should be comfortable with
here. (IMO)

Joe