Hi Dermot,

I am paying 142 euro for a 200 liter drum. duty is 34 or 35c not exactly sure which. caustic is 16 per 25kg. I added water and electricity I may have been off with 90c. But the cost is still pritty high. Im not getting free oil and I think the oil is going to go up with the demand from other european countries. Probably with in the next year or so. but lets hope it dosent!! Diesel can be bought for between 80c and 90c a liter at large volumes.

I will defenatly support the campaign any way I can. Maybe I could hand out post cards or something?

John

Hi John,

What are you paying for your raw materials? When I was making biodiesel
in Ireland two years ago methanol was ?114 per 200 litres.
This worked out at roughly 11c per litre of biodiesel produced. The duty
payable per litre was 33c. I forget exactly what I paid for the sodium
hydroxide but it was fairly small.
If you get your waste oil for free, which I did, then your costs
including heating, should be roughly 50c per litre.
Given that it is now ?1.08 per litre for dino diesel at the pumps that
leaves it a very economical proposition.
If you want to do something about the duty payable on biodiesel then
respond to this:

*The Green Party has launched its Drop the Duty Postcard Campaign. Party
Leader Trevor Sargent TD and Deputy Leader Cllr. Mary White are urging
Minister Cowen to drop the excise duty levied on the biofuel industry in
the forthcoming Budget. *

*Postcards for our campaign are now available in the Green Party office.
If you require some of the postcards to be sent to you please let us
know asap. They can also be collected from the office during working hours.*

*Please support this campaign.

Regards
Dermot
*