Lol this is me being jealous of you.

I'm in the US, appalachia really. I think the guys sellin it for a mint b/c we have lots of eco-friendly people and no source.

I used petrol to be specific about which fuel I meant in the particular sentence.

Were that it was even the same price, or 5-10 cents more, I'd do it...

As for my driving style, I just bought a 2004 stratus (the car in question) b/c I couldn't afford a not extremely-used diesel, the cheapest new option here is a Golf TDI that starts around $20k, and they do not exist in the used market. It's much faster than my last car, coasts very very very well. As such, I try to see how little I can touch the gas and the brake, and do everything I can to keep the turns below 2700. :) So far I'm being rewarded w/ surprizingly good mileage.

Thanks for the firsthand response though, hopefully he'll get some competition soon. I almost bought a NGV, but then our one NGV station closed...