Garth & Kim Travis wrote:

> The question I have is about the theory of tuna and cats.  The theory is
> that there is an excess amount of ash in tuna and that it can cause renal
> failure in middle aged cats.  It is not suppose to make any difference if
> it was canned or fresh.  Have you ever heard of this and is it true?  My
> cats favorite food is tuna, so I am very worried.

        I feed my cats "Science Diet".  Before getting the two I now own, my
last kitty, a faithful and affectionate companion for her whole life,
lived 16 years.  She was an outdoor cat who tangled with rattlesnakes,
raccoons and poisoned mice!  The two I have now are very young, but
they thrive on this kind of commercial cat food.

robert luis rabello
"The Edge of Justice"
Adventure for Your Mind
http://www.newadventure.ca