Greetings Mike

>Greetings Keith,
>
>I'm going to try it on kerosene and if that works I'll know it's not the
>stove.  I have heard from some other Petromax owners that there
>may have been a bad batch of stoves.  This one does have a bad pressure
>gauge.  I will call Britelyt and see what they say.

Good, and good luck.

>The BD I put in it was not winterised and came out of a cold storage
>shed so it was a little thick, so I cut it with some dino.  It came
>close to lighting - a lot of sputtering.  I heated the stove ring with a
>propane torch.  I've been using the same BD in my car @ 50/50 w/ dino
>and so far it's been ok.
>
>By meths do mean methanol?

Sorry, actually I meant methylated spirits, denatured ethanol, but I
usually use methanol, it doesn't seem to make any difference. I've
heard of people using a bit of rag soaked in vegetable oil.

>Do you think Isopropyl would work?

I don't know, I don't have much experience of burning it. I guess it
should work.

>I hope to have time to get back to it this weekend.
>
>I will write up what I discover and post it.

Please.

>I'm not ready to give up on the stove yet!

I'm sure it should work, disappointing if it doesn't.

All best

Keith