Without knowing more about the chemical composition of the product mix, it is
difficult to say much
about the physical properties. Application of high voltage to the oil would
produce a welter of
products I would guess, so there is no way of knowing what the properties are.
For example the
"etherified glycerin" could be 1,2,3-trimethoxypropane, which has a boiling
point and viscosity much
more like gasoline than diesel fuel.

Joe Street wrote:
> Hi Teoman, and Bob;
>
> If this process eventually works it will require not just high voltage
> but current as well, something like 300 mA at 2Kv.  That, you won't get
> from a 9v battery.
> I have temporarily suspended my work on the alternative process.
> Initial tests were not too inspiring.  This does not mean I have given
> up but I have returned to putting time and energy (pun) into my
> conventional reactor and trying to kick start a cooperative in my
> community. When time permits I have some ideas I want to investigate
> with the HV setup.  BTW since the thread came back up ( and wish you
> would have kept the subject line the same) I have a question for the
> chemistry propeller heads out there.  This was flagged in my brain when
> the recent discussion of butanol for biodiesel came up.  Someone said
> that the viscosity of biodiesel made with butanol would necessarily be
> higher due to the longer carbon chains in the butanol used in the
> esterification.  The patent application for the electrified biodiesel
> had a comment about longer carbon chains in the esters due to the
> electrified process.  Would this mean higher viscosity?  This has always
> been a question in my mind since there is no glycerine precipitate, and
> the bi-product which is a 'etherified glycerine' remains dissolved in
> the esters how does one know if the reaction takes place other than
> using fancy tests such as spectroscopy or NMR?  I would guess that if
> there is to be a change in viscosity that there might be a change in
> specific gravity in which case the volume should go up, or is this a
> naive assumption?  Please excuse my ignorance I'm more of an electronic
> type.
>
> Joe
>
> bob allen wrote:
>
>>Howdy Teoman,
>>
>>looking back in the archives I find the link:
>>
>>http://tinyurl.com/8hjv7
>>
>>this is to a patent application, not a patent. Even if the process is
>>patented, does that mean that
>>the patent office has checked out the process and confirms that it actually
>>works as described, or
>>simply that the process is novel and has not been described before?
>>

>>Teoman Naskali wrote:
>>

>>>Some time ago ther was a thread about producing bd in an alternative
>>>way, using electricity. Very high voltages were necessary.
>>>
>>>            I recently saw one of those electric zapper thingies. The
>>>ones used for self protetction. Handheld device that gives 200.000
>>>volts. And it operates on 2 x 9V batteries.
>>>
>>>            When you use the device you can actually see the electric
>>>arc jump about 2 cm in the air.
>>>
>>>            You could use this device for the generation of high voltages.
>>>

>>>Hope someone finds this info is usefull.
>>>

>>>Teoman

Bob Allen
http://ozarker.org/bob

"Science is what we have learned about how to keep
from fooling ourselves" - Richard Feynman