I have decided to try the acid/base method in small test batches as I
have some High FFA (4ml) oil I would like to process.  Since September I
have gone to great lengths to get repeatability and accuracy in all my
work with Biodiesel. I have read and re-read JtF and I know that I will
no doubt read it several more times if I get stumped.  I would like to
start with fully understanding the process first.
Before I start:
Can you use KOH with the Acid Base method?  It might be obvious, but I
did not see it in the recipe as a substitution.

When the acid gets done with Estrification properly then the mix that is
left is basically an oil (triglycerides) , Methanol,  and Sulfur ions ?
Or did I miss something?

When the Methoxil is added the Sulfur gets combined with the Sodium
ions, (right?) how does this affect the reaction?

Any good experienced information would be helpful,

Jim