Hi Doug,

Thanks for your input! I am going to call around to
see what people are generally using.

> The house is a story and a half double-brick
construction >built in 1952, an era when energy costs
were not a concern.

Not too shabby! Our house was built in 1896 by some
Italian immigrants that used to run a meat store.
Anyways, long story, shorter, they built this house
and didn't have a lot of money so they used wood
shavings that the meat was packed in......

Cubic yards of shavings fill the walls and really
don't do much for keeping the heat in.

>Just buy a few extra sweaters and eat more :)

I can handle that. :-)

Dave