Greetings,
It is difficult to get compost that is not full of chemicals delivered, I would have to hire a private truck and hope that I don't get a load of caliche with it.  They do not tarp the load, so you pay for all the compost that is spread all down the highway, as well.  It would arrive by dump truck and be dumped in one big pile, they don't spread anything.  I am using my small trailer and had hoped that by using the tilt and a tailgate that can be lifted in increments, that I could just drive the field and have it come off.  No such luck.
It is bad enough spreading the lime by hand, and no, they do not have equipment that will spread lime at the light rate I am using.  Ideas for homestead size equipment are definitely needed, but my brain is already overworked.
Bright Blessings,
Kim