From: Joe Street
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2006 2:00 PM
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Dewatering with vacuum.

David Miller wrote:

Snip

>Somebody had the vapor pressure tables for water earlier in this thread,
>maybe he could look up the pressure for 55 and 5 degrees C.
>
>--- David

5 deg. C =  6.5mm Hg
55 deg. C = appr. 110 mm Hg

It means that water does not have to be removed from the trap (as was
stated ) since water at 5 deg.C has a vapour pressure low enogh as not
to interfere with drying the fuel. It will never be perfectly dry and
even if you could, it would adsorb water from the air when you take it
out of the vacuum chamber.  In practical terms just run cold water
through your condenser and when the vacuum in the reactor gets to 27" Hg
or better you are done!  I do it all the time.  It works well. I reheat
the reactor during washing and after draining the last wash the vacuum
is started.  An hour later the fuel is dry, crystal clear and ready to use.

Joe