Coming from a public utility substation maintenance
background, one may or may not be aware that "most"
transformers used in getting the power to your house
are filled with a highly refined petroleum oil. (it is
clear) It is used as a cooling agent and as an
insulator. There are companies out there pushing their
veggie based alternative. Just as good with less
problems in case of a large "spill".

So, yes, I would be comfortable putting FRESH, clean
cooking oil in a computer. (As long as it doesn't
start cooking the oil. Then carbon deposits start to
form and it's down hill from there... ;)

http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/01/09/strip_out_the_fans/