Molly Ivins says "the $150 million (a truly pitiful amount by
Washington standards) Bush promised would go to making biofuels more
competitive is $50 million less than what was in last year's budget
for that purpose."
Is that right? They spent $200 million? On what? I do seem to recall
the NBB getting a few million to spend on "education". I'll bet the
Biofuel list did a lot better on zilch.

Anyway, if Ivins is right that's good business - it got much more
publicity than last year and cost $50 million less, just by pressing
a few jingo buttons. I wonder how many ("enough"?) of the Americans
who got the message about cutting US dependence on Middle East oil
didn't register the rapidly following message that he didn't really
mean it.

Best

Keith