On 4 Apr 2006, at 08:54, robert luis rabello wrote:

>       This may be true.  But I also remember polio, whooping cough and
> other nasty, debilitating diseases for which there was no cure and no
> effective treatment before vaccination.

Don't look now but Whooping Cough is still around.  Polio was
decreasing by the time the vaccine was released.  My public health
instructor used to say that more lives were saved by proper
sanitation than all the vaccines in the world.  I think she was right.

Also, people that are vaccinated still come down with the diseases
they were vaccinated for.  Huh, how about that?

> She's lucky she didn't grow up among a large population of other
> children who likewise DIDN'T get vaccinated.

But she did.  Rural Malaysia and lots of kids don't get vaccinated.
Pretty filthy conditions with the chickens running around everywhere.

> I have spent many years in classrooms and I have YET to see a child
> adversely impacted by vaccinations.

Maybe the disabled children weren't in your classes.  They might have
been too disabled to make it in.

> My own children have been
> vaccinated and routinely get their booster shots.  Neither of them
> suffer from health issues or learning problems, nor have any children
> in my extended family.

So you say.  You might be mentally omitting.  Also, who is to say
what will develop?

> There has to be a better solution to this issue than either blithely
> believing every vaccine is harmless, or espousing a desire to rid the
> world of vaccines altogether.

Here we agree.  Like I said, I'm not an anti-vaccination wacko but
they just aren't safe enough for me or my family.  Me?  Lots of
problems.  I don't know that I blame the vaccines but I don't think
they helped all that much.  I certainly got plenty of childhood
diseases.

You do it your way, I'll do it mine.

Gary