What is the logic in a 25 ton cap?   Are all chemical factories the
same size?  25 tons for  large factory might actually very low,
compared to the total throughput of chemicals, but for a small factory
(say a homebrew biodiesel setup), a 25 ton allowance might be more
than it could possibly produce in a year if it used the dirtiest setup
possible.

And a ton of dioxin is not equal to a ton of NOx.  How can you
regulate it just by weight, even if all chemical plants were the same
size?