Huh?  Us Americans?  Who dat?

You speak as if we / they were a unified whole.

Definitely NOT.

I was born into it.  By choice I left, not that it really makes any difference.  My tax money?  If they didn't have a single tax payer left all they'd have to do is go to the Federal Reserve (it aint federal and there are no reserves) and print more.  Except for becoming an assassin of those on high, it was about all I could really do.  Stay in and change the system?  Oh please.....