I'm glad so see discussions about WVO (supply, sustainability and big business) and methods for pressing your own oil. I always felt that increasing competition for WVO in the future will make that supply unsustainable. That along with the future availability of methanol caused me to shift my interest to ethanol as a fuel.

Now I'm wondering if a scheme can me developed for a crop rotation that allows continuous alternations between oil and sugar producing plants so that energy independence might take on a hybrid approach. For example, safflower/sugar beets/soy/potatoes/etc, etc. This is just an example - I'm not a farmer (yet).

Mike