Senator Ducheny, the chairperson of the of the Senate Trans Committee, is an intelligent and caring person. I have worked with her on previous occasions trying to make meaningfull changes to the smog check program. My call to her is as yet unanswered, but I am sure she has home brewers interests in her mind. It likely is a big money entity that got the bill going, however, because that is how it works in California. It is funny? that although the bill is an "emergency bill", the deadline has already been moved back a year to Jan '07. Greg Kelly