[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Keith, et. al.,
>
> I cannot not in good conscience recommend the vendor Northern Tool.
> They market products of poor quality, sell warranties quickly for the
> same products and when those products fail- won't deliver per the terms
> of the warranty.
>
> Respectfully submitted, Michae

Maybe it's just because I've been buying and using tools all my
life, like my father before me.

But I feel that Northern Tool is a typical caveat emptor
situation. The good stuff costs real money, the stuff that
doesn't cost real money is junk. If you are okay with junk,
then that's fine.

So much of the junk that Northern Tool/Harbor Freight
and Wallmart for that matter sells, can be readily
substitued by some decent piece of kit purchased at
a yard sale, or farm auction as often as not, as long
as the so-called 'need' isn't immediate. At least
here in the US, I've found that to be true.

The whole overarching concept of a warranty is based
in deception. IMHO.